I don't know about ya'll, but this weekend seems to have taken FOREVER to get here. And for whatever reason it's times like these when the music nearest and dearest to my heart is the music from my teen years. The music that my parents played. The music that my father BLARED at the ungodly hour of dawn! (And when you're a teenager being waken at any hour is ungodly.)
I'm sure my lovely, co-host Ginger from Not Just Another Mom of Twins has no idea what I'm talking about. I'm sure her dad would never dream of costing her precious hours of sleep. Hours I would kill to have back now. (I sure hope my children wake my dad REALLY early in the morning when they spend the night with him.)
- Give us both a follow (we're so much more than just songs...really) If you're a new follower please leave us a comment so we can check you out too! It's all about sharing the love, right?
- Pick A Song, any song! One that makes you wanna sing! Old-New-Country-Pop-Punk...anything goes. (Let's try to keep it family friendly if we can...LOL) If you want, tell us why the song makes you wanna SING!
- Add your link to the "Play List"
- We'd REALLY like you to copy the Linky Code (just click on "get the code") in to your post so your blogger buds can join in on the fun or link back to the both of us so they can at least "find" the party!
- We'd love to see the video of your song (which can easily be shared via youtube.com) but if you just wanna list your favorite song of the day, we're "cool" with that too!
- And don't forget to grab a button! Cause sharing is caring!
One of the bands that my father blared that I despised as a child and have learned to love as an adult is Queen. Really nothing says weekend like a great party band: Queen fits the bill.